When I visited Chile and Uruguay I noticed they were different than the rest of Latin America. They didn’t go out to clubs a lot, it was more about bars, lounges, and pubs. The cities were not as festive as the ones in Brazil, Mexico or Colombia. The people were interested in things likes science, economics and politics. Most of the college students I met were studying engineering or economics.
The most festive people I met in Chile were the Peruvian immigrants! The town in Southern Chile looked like little Swiss towns. I mean the country did not have that Latin flavor at all. The closest I got to Latin was with immigrants from other Latin countries or the youth who listened to a bit regaeton. Most of the musical acts sounded funky like Red Hot Chili Peppers or British like Artic Monkeys. The style in Chile is more London-esque. It’s weird. There was hardly any salsa music, a little cumbia but not much like its neighboring nations.
Ginger man. :
I sure do.
“Some of this race mixing makes disgusts me. A nice red head married a dark mestizo a few years ago . Yuck!!! And her kids don’t look like her mommy.
Asian countries for Asians, Black countries for blacks and white countries for everyone.
Look at Argentina. Up until 1980, there was no crime, but then illegals from Peru and Bolivia started to come and boom… Buenos Aires is now Brown Aires. Uruguay will be the next white nation to go down in Latin America.
Now look at America. Same story. These illegals are destroying the U.S. Look at the prisons. Nothing but illegals and Chicanos locked up.
Argentina, America, Uruguay, Canada, South Africa, New Zealand, Europe, Canada.
Why do brown Mexicans always trash white nations with crime and drain our economy.
And finally, Europe. Muslims are destroying our ancestral homeland. These Muslims are raping our beautiful white girls and converting them. So disgusting.
It’s a shame that we whites can’t have our own homogeneously white country for ourselves. It sucks.
In South Africa, whites are being murdered left and right.”
Buy domain for your site
After a lucrative career in Hollywood, who entered politics and was elected Governor of California in 1966?
George H. Bush
John F. Kennedy
none of the above
Which of the following was a powerful political coalition that formed during the 1980s?
______ boycotted the 1984 Los Angeles Olympics.
Soviet Union and East Germany
Which military leader was involved with the Iran-contra Affair?
General Norman Schwarzkopf
General Colin Powell
Lt. Colonel Oliver North
Lt. William Calley
Who was a Conservative judge who was appointed to the Supreme Court by President George H. Bush and endured controversial testimony due to a sexual harassment scandal?
Sandra Say O’Conner
Can someone help me? I left my notes at school.
Amazingly, I’m still SaNe :
Prompt: compare and contrast how WWI and its outcomes affected S.Asia and Latin America.
Thesis: The effects of World War I affected Latin America and South Asia both positively and negatively in the respective countries politics, economics and society as a whole.
Owning a farm
Frequently changing jobs
Playing the stock market
The Monroe Doctrine of 1823 warned European nations throughout the 19th – 21C that they needed to do what?
The United States would no longer honor political alliances with Europe
The doctrine warned that the US would not trade in Asia
The doctrine promoted trade with Africa
That Europe should remain out of the politics of the Latin America republics as these nations were within the sphere of influence and protection of the United States
……..LIKE A BOSS!!!!!!!!!!!!! :
Things Found Only in America Get another News & Politics Joke »
1. Only in America……can a pizza get to your house faster than an ambulance.
2. Only in America……are there handicap parking places in front of a skating rink.
3. Only in America……do drugstores make the sick walk all the way to the back of the store to get their prescriptions while healthy people can buy cigarettes at the front.
4. Only in America……do people order double cheese burgers, large fries, and a diet Coke.
5. Only in America……do banks leave both doors to the vault open and then chain the pens to the counters.
6. Only in America……do we leave cars worth thousands of dollars in the driveway and put our useless junk in the garage.
7. Only in America……do we use answering machines to screen calls and then have call waiting so we won’t miss a call from someone we didn’t want to talk to in the first place.
8. Only in America……do we buy hot dogs in packages of ten and buns in packages of eight.
9. Only in America……do we use the word ‘politics’ to describe the process so well: Poli’ in Latin meaning ‘many’ and ‘tics’ meaning ‘bloodsucking creatures’.
10. Only in America……do they have drive-up ATM machines with Braille lettering.
this is the source: http://www.jokes.com/funny/news+&+politics/things-found-only-in-america
Yo tengo el POWER MEXICANO :
I think the answer is not… In fact, this was one of the things that made the US a powerful country… In Latin America the Catholic Church always tried to take our governments down…
Do you know what the European Community is?
*Ashley* =) :
Which countries in Latin America have made a left turn on politics? Have leftist presidents…
Heather K :
from the colonial period to the current neoliberal period, how did those trends shape Latin America’s economic policy? and politics?